Youthful skin is maintained by specific building blocks. In order to postpone or correct the signs of aging, such as nasolabial folds, droopy upper or lower eyelids, sagging jowls, fine lines, wrinkles or crepe-like changes in any body area (especially décolletage , neck, arms, hands, and knees), and even stretch marks, it is essential that we consider how to regenerate those building blocks. Morpheus8 has been proven to reach deep beneath the epidermis where the skin’s foundation begins and is one of the most advanced skin tightening and toning methods available. This technology is perfect for patients interested in meaningful facial and body rejuvenation without surgery.
Remodel, Revitalize and Regenerate
Morpheus8 is an advanced treatment that stimulates remodeling in the adipose tissue of the dermis by combining radiofrequency with the microneedling. On its own, microneedling provokes a healing response in which collagen proliferation increases. With Morpheus8, collagen increase is only part of its remarkable results. By using radiofrequency energy to reach tissue up to 7mm deep, this device also prompts tissue regeneration that includes thickening and tightening.
Candidates For Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is excellent for facial rejuvenation and body resurfacing because it can achieve multiple corrections simultaneously. Some of the concerns addressed with this radiofrequency technique include:
- Excess fat in the face and neck
- Mild sagging, softening and jowling in the face and neck
- Uneven or rough skin texture
- Acne scarring and other scars on the face or body
- Deep lines and creases anywhere on the face or body
- Sun damage
- Poor skin texture
- Enlarged Pores
- Stretch Marks
Morpheus8 is used by itself for the indications outlined above plus:
- As a combined procedure– Morpheus8 can be added to BodyTite or SmartLipo in order to obtain maximum skin tightening while improving skin quality, like treating stretch marks while having lipolysis and liposuction of the abdomen and waist.
- Facelift Maintenance– A treatment with Morpheus8 once a year will help maintain the results following facelift surgery or multiple injectables. You can continue to age gracefully and you may never need surgery or more injectables in the future.
The Morpheus8 Treatment
A local anesthetic cream is used to decrease the sensation of both the microneedles and radiofrequency energy. Once numb, the treatment begins. The tip of the applicator has several tiny needles through which the energy passes for a fraction of a second. This is then placed onto an adjacent area. The motion is somewhat like a stamping technique rather than moving the applicator across the skin.
How Many Morpheus8 Treatments Are Needed?
Morpheus8 begins to stimulate change immediately after the first treatment. Depending on the extent of improvement a patient desires, a series of 3 to 4 treatments spaced out at 3 to 6 week intervals may be considered.
Mild redness and swelling may occur for a day or two and the treated area may be slightly sensitive for a few days. Generally, patients are encouraged to refrain from wearing makeup for 1 to 2 days.
Is Morpheus8 Painful?
Microneedling with radiofrequency may feel slightly uncomfortable in certain areas. However, our use of topical numbing cream and pre-treatment medications make treatment much more pleasant than many patients expect.